hi guys! so this week’s post coincides with the video i posted on my youtube channel where i show you how i made these so check that out here: https://youtu.be/zTqd-pbLum8!
as someone who has never actually baked before, this recipe was super easy and simple (which i actually got from http://kirbiecravings.com/2015/06/cookies-and-cream-brownies.html, but i’m going to summarize it for you here!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 large egg
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- an 8×8 inch baking pan lined with parchment paper
- a microwave-safe bowl
- a whisk
- a spatula
- a rolling pin and a plastic bag (to crush Oreos with)
HOW TO DO IT:
- preheat your oven to 350° Fahrenheit!
- in your bowl, pour in the white chocolate chips and your butter (but make sure it is room temperature) and microwave for 30 seconds, stir with spatula, microwave again for 15 seconds, stir, and for microwave for another 15 seconds if they are not melted! WARNING: make sure you don’t burn the chocolate!
- add your egg, your salt and your condensed milk! stir until fully combined.
- fold in your flour (do not whisk it!) until fully combined.
- put your mixture to the side for a moment, and grab your Oreos! put 5-7 in the plastic bag and crush with rolling pin until they are crumbs.
- sprinkle your crushed Oreos into the mixture and mix until uniform.
- pour your mixture into your baking tray and smooth it out until it’s flat (you can also add extra Oreos on top!)
- bake for about 30 minutes! you will know it is done when you poke in a fork, knife or toothpick and there is no residue on the utensil.
- cool for at least an hour, then enjoy!
hope you enjoyed this recipe and let me know in the comments if you try it out!
stay brainy and stay beautiful!
xo, miss brainy.