hi guys! so this week’s post coincides with the video i posted on my youtube channel where i show you how i made these so check that out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-sPMDXEhSU!
i’ve never made cupcakes or icing before, but it was pretty simple and i really enjoyed it 🙂
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THE VANILLA CUPCAKES:
- two cups of flour
- half a teaspoon of salt
- two teaspoons of baking powder
- half a cup of butter (room temperature + softened)
- three quarters of a cup of sugar
- two eggs
- one cup of milk
- one teaspoon of vanilla extract (the recipe called for vanilla essence but we didn’t have any – they tasted fine!)
- cupcake tin
- cupcake liners
HOW TO MAKE THE VANILLA CUPCAKES:
- preheat your oven to 375° Fahrenheit!
- cream your butter and sugar together until it is light + fluffy!
- beat in your eggs, one at a time!
- mix your flour, baking powder and salt into one bowl!
- alternate between pouring your flour mixture and pouring milk into the bowl, beating it after each time your pour!
- stir in your vanilla (optional)
- divide your batter into cupcake liners evenly!
- roll up pieces of tinfoil into marble-shaped spheres and place in between liner and tin, at the top of the cupcake (this will create an indent so the cupcake looks like a heart or apple shape)
- bake for eighteen minutes!
- let the cupcakes cool for about five to ten minutes before icing!
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THE APPLE CINNAMON BUTTERCREAM ICING:
- a quarter of a cup of butter (room temperature)
- three cups of powdered/icing sugar
- one teaspoon of vanilla extract
- two teaspoons of cinnamon powder
- three tablespoons of apple juice (room temperature)
- red food dye
HOW TO MAKE THE APPLE CINNAMON BUTTERCREAM ICING:
- beat all ingredients but food dye in bowl until smooth
- add drops of food dye until it becomes desired shade
- pretzel sticks
- spearmint leave candies
HOW TO DECORATE:
- ice the cupcakes
- insert pretzel stick into the indent
- insert spearmint leave next to the pretzel stick
- ta-da! marvel at your creations before devouring them with friends 🙂
hope you enjoyed this recipe and let me know in the comments if you try it out!
stay brainy and stay beautiful!
xo, miss brainy.